Friday 4 April 2014

Our Local MSYP


I’m Samuel Cook, 'DRC Youth Forum' member, 'Yoker Resource Group' committee attendee and local MSYP (Member of Scottish Youth Parliament). I was elected in June and this is my first post on the 'DRC Youth Project' blog. This is my week… 

This week's events have consisted of a meeting with Sandy Busby (founding member of the 'Yoker Resource Centre' and current Senior Officer) in regards to setting up a surgery. The surgery would provide a regular opportunity to consult with young people in the community. We have also spoke about having an article in the Clydebank Post. 

On Tuesday night I attended a 'DRC Youth Forum' session. We focused on some important issues affecting young people (you can view this work in a post below).

Friday gave me great pleasure in accepting the 'DRC FC' football strips ahead of our first game against 'Red Road'. This game is particularly special as it’s the first game of the new season, this game will also play an important role in breaking down cross community barriers. I’m pleased to say this team consists of boys (aged 15-18 years) from Scotstoun and Yoker. Hopefully this is a step forward in uniting a community.


No comments:

Post a Comment